Meet Our Team
Merlyn M. Banks, Certified Property Manager/Licensed Principal Broker REALTOR®
Merlyn Banks, Principal Broker®; & Education Director; We are a Real Estate Sales and Management Company in addition to being credited Proprietary Real Estate School with the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations “DPOR’. I am one of the few to earned the Certified Property Manager® (CPM®) a distinguish designation, in our region. A CPM® is considered to be one of the industry premiers Property Management Credential. Research shows that a CPM® designation is preferred by Investors and Owners among any other real estate credentials. As an owner of BANKS Property Management & Sales (BPM). I started my career in the real estate property management in 1989, and have managed all facets of properties from single family, townhomes, condo management, to conventional apartments, commercial properties; and student housing. I made Residential Properties my area of Specialty. I enjoy mentoring and serving my time tirelessly, in the industry through leadership; this has allowed me to achieve many Real Estate Associations positions, and earning Distinguished Awards:
- Graduated Leadership Academy, Alumni®-Virginia Association of Realtors®
- Graduate Certified Property Manager® (CPM®) Institute of Real Estate Management
- Graduate Realtors Institute-Distinguished Designation GRI® with the Virginia Association of Realtors®
- Residential Management Professional (RMP®) - National Association of Residential Property Managers®
- Board of Directors-At the Prince William Association of Realtors®
- Chair-Prince William Association of Realtors® Property Managers Workgroup/Ethics Workgroup
- President Award of Excellence -®- Prince William Association of Realtors®
- The Prestigious Code of Ethics Award®- Prince William Association of Realtors®
- Volunteer of Year Award- Prince William Association of Realtors®
- Professional Honor Role-Fredericksburg Association of Realtors®
- Distinguish Property Managers Honor Society- Fredericksburg Area Association Realtors
- Past vice President-VA Chapter National Association of Residential Property Managers® (NARPM)
- Past member of Virginia Property Managers Council& Coalition Planning Committee®- Virginia Association of Realtors®
- Past vice Present Public Relations-Institute of Real Estate Management® (IREM)
I have a deep passion for education and my duties as a REALTOR® with the highest Ethical code practices to follow. I enjoy being a mentor and known as an expert in my field, as I am always willing to go above and beyond when called upon. As a graduate of VAR Leadership Academy Alumni and with years in Corporate America I am very passionate about giving back to the community, I am involved, in many volunteer professional organizations both civic and in community. I stay actively involved within the industry positons, and continue to serve locally and on the State levels of the Real Estate Associations committees.
Just some of my REALTOR Association® Leadership Activities Established
- Prince William Association of Realtors®-PWAR-Vice President 2015
- Prince William Association of Realtors®-PWAR®--BOD – 2012-2014
- Prince William Association of Realtors®-PWAR®--Property Mgt Workgroup-2011
- Prince William Association of Realtors®-PWAR®-Education & Broker Task Force 2012
- Prince William Association of Realtors®-Property Mgt Workgroup vice-2011-2013
- Virginia Association of Realtors®-VAR®-Property Manager’s Council-2008-2013
- Virginia Association of Realtors®-VAR®-Property Mgt Coalition Committee-2008
- Virginia Association of Realtors®-VAR®-Standards Forms Committee-2013
- National Association of Residential Property Managers® (NARPM) VA State Chapter®-Vice President-2012-2013
- Institute of Real Estate Management® (IREM)Editorial Advisory Board/Journal Of Property Management-2008,
- Institute of Real Estate Management® (IREM)Board of Executive Council-Vice President for Public Relations 2008
- Metropolitan Regional Information Systems-MRIS® member since 2006
- National Association of Residential Property Managers®-NARPM® member since 2006
I oversee our firm’s Property Management Division: And are always available to provide you with a free consultation” and develop a customize plan for you; It is my goal to collaborate with you to create a team effort, using legislative guidelines, for Landlords and Tenants this is set forth by the Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act (VRLTA).
I personally handle the following Services for our clients:
- Business Acquisitions/Developments,
- Process Rental applications;
- Prepared Annual Lease Renewals
- Maintain Tenant Retention,
- Facilitate Eviction proceedings with Attorney,
- In person Tenants orientation,
- Negotiate reasonable estimates for repairs,
- Coordinate tenants move out,
- Coordinate property annual Inspections.
- Administer an Aggressive Lease
- Liaison between tenants and Landlord for positive results and long lasting relationships.
I am always available to chat with our clients, customers, tenants and owners, at anytime, so feel free to call me at the office at 540-372-7272, Cell phone at 571-436-0445 or send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nguyen R. Banks, Sr. – Licensed VA Broker REALTOR ® Managing Broker
Nguyen Banks, Broker®, Accredited Buyer Representative Manages our Real Estate Sales Division: I am always prepared to provide you with exceptional service when it comes to sales purchase or Leasing needs for Tenant, Buyers & Sellers. I started my career in the Property Management field in 1994, and have managed all facets of properties from single family, townhomes, condo management, to conventional apartments, I made Residential Sales my specialty as I enjoy working on the Sales side of the business, I have first-hand experience as I was a tenant, investor, and are a homeowner and understand the client’s needs, Staying up to date on education and the industry legislatives changes, has made me extremely successful and just to name a few below of my recognitions and accomplishments:
- The Accredited Buyer Representation® (ABR) designation
- Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource® (SFR) designation
- The Certified Distress Property ®Expert (CDPE) certification
- Million Dollar Producer-Prince William Association of Realtors®
- Professional Honor Role®- Fredericksburg Association of Realtors®
- Recipient of the “Ladder of Success” ® Award
- Recipient of the “Manager of The Year®” Award
- Recipient of the “Ruby” Award Sales® Recognition
I dedicate myself to working with our clients, on all your Real Estate needs when it comes to Leasing, Selling, & Purchasing a home as well as work with the short sale process. I know the level of anxiety Buyers and Sellers experiences when dealing with the purchase or sale of their home.
I Facilitate our portfolio marketing and advertising of our Sales and leasing®
- Provide comparable Rent and Sales market analysis,
- Facilitate & maintain a Strategic campaign for acquisition properties, & update owners Coordinate owners and tenants showing appointments.
- Provide annual review for property owners with sales /rent market analysis on homes sold, rental activities, current market trends, to determine the potential return on your property
- Work with first time home buyers, repeat clients, Investors on the purchase & Sales of real property.
- Prescreen prospective tenants, and show properties, compilation of tenant’s application,
- Facilitate preoccupancy, occupancy and annual inspections, and determine any damages.
I work with a strong network of resources in the industry such as: Loan Officers, Home Inspectors, Appraisals, Settlement Attorneys, Etc.
The volume of our business derives from our strong network of client base referrals, business affiliates and "word of mouth". And I am always available to assist you as I specialize in working with Investors, First Time Home Buyers and Sellers of Real Estate. I work aggressively on my clients behalf to negotiate the purchase/sales transaction, and ensure my clients best interest at heart.
Feel free to call me on cell: 571-436-0448 or: email@example.com
Tina Johnson; Office Manager
Spearhead the office operations and facilitate the maintenance repairs, of our portfolio. I have been in the industry since 1995, working with Builders and land Developers in Stafford County, and made property management my field of specialty. I enjoyed working with HOA’s and Condo management as I handled the Architectural Reviews and Resolutions with Developers and Contractors and for a Portfolio’s of over 500+ homes. As a homeowner myself, I understand the repairs needed and how to streamline its priority for emergency’s and preventive maintenance:
I personally handle the following Services for our clients:
- Set Up new acquisitions, owners, and tenants
- Address tenants/owners property concerns
- Maintain all properties service contracts, HVAC, Termite, & home warranties
- Facilitate HOA violations with owners, HOA/Condo management
- Recruit licensed vendors, negotiate lowest estimates for repairs and improvements,
- Maintain effective communication system between owners, vendors & tenants
- Assist with conflict resolution on rescheduling repairs & ensure completion.
- Ensure invoices are received for monthly property close out.
- Audit properties files for owners, tenants & vendors for file compliance,
- Maintain key control,
- Assist with scheduling move-in, move out,& annual inspections turnovers
- Follow up on late rent payments, and delinquencies.
Feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 540-372-7272.